Wednesday 1 December 2010

Marcothon

I have joined the Marcothon today, literally at the last minute. I had immediately declined the invitation on facebook a few weeks ago as I don't do daily running. In fact I always look forward to my days with no running. But towards the end of November my thoughts were going back to the Marcothon. I averaged one run per week in November - not because of injury, but purely because I have been lazy. A few other things got in the way and to be honest I did not really miss it. That's my problem, I don't need my daily dosage of running so I'm quite comfortable just chilling out at home. But the threat of loosing my fitness got me thinking how I could get back into more regular running. So that's where the Marcothon popped up again. But I had more excuses not to join in! My parents were due to arrive today for a few days and surely I could not leave them alone on their first evening to go running. Then Edinburgh airport got closed and their flight cancelled and I had spare time at my hand. So I thought, maybe it's time to take the challenge. Will I be up for it? Especially in this weather? (By the way, does a treadmill run count - just in case it gets even worse! Or a brisk 30min walk in the snow at lunch time? - I guess it's a no for the walk?) So I got home, quickly checked the rules on the internet, put my Trabuccos on and ventured out for 30min, a few extra minutes to allow for stoppage time to let cars pass as I was running on the road. I enjoyed it! Bring on day 2!

4 comments:

Kaz said...

Good on you!
Kaz

Fiona Rennie said...

I don't think I'll get any big miles in December but with running everyday I'll be ready to start come January, I really enjoyed doing the Marcothon last year. Enjoy the challenge xx

Debs M-C said...

Woohoo!!

Treadmill running does count.

See you soon xx

John Kynaston said...

Well done Silke on taking on the challenge.

Loved your photos on Facebook.