Thursday 9 December 2010

Day 9 of Marcothon

Yes, I am still in it! Not doing much more than the required minimum but it is a first for me to be out running for 9 consecutive days. And in THESE conditions! In fact the snow and ice probably helped me as I was just loving the running with Kahtoolas, and on Monday I managed to run in the freshly falling snow - like a soft carpet! Great.
Well yesterday saw me retreating into the gym for the first time in years though - and probably the last for another few years. I left work early in the afternoon to get home safely while I could still see the ice and snow on the motorway in daylight and headed into the Gourock gym onto the treadmill for 30min - £4.90! Got 1000m of rowing in as well, I guess it is still cheaper than hiring a boat... Well, Thomas had "booked" the Kahtoolas for his afternoon run so I guess it is really time to buy a second pair so I won't have to retreat into the gym if our running times clash.
On my way back I also went into Tesco. Big mistake as the whole of Greenock was in there buying supplies. No fresh milk left and the sliced loafs of bread were rationed! One per customer. Luckily I was after the German Rye bread - no rationing there. :-) So Glenpark girls I guess it will be German bread, sausages and Sauerkraut for our weekend brunch! :-) Just kidding ...

3 comments:

Thomas said...

Well done darling. I am proud of you!

Loon Dod said...

Well done Lass, keep it up.

John Kynaston said...

Well done Silke. Good going ... almost half way.