Friday 4 March 2011

K2 Radicals 100


Meet my brand new skates! K2 radical 100 speedskates!
They are a late birthday present from Thomas as it took me a while to find the right size even though I had my eyes on them since Berlin last year. In fact I have been toying with the idea of speedskates for 2 years now.
For the 1st time I am the proud owner of speedskates. I will happily swap my fitness skates and put on these. They have 4 100mm wheels (compared to 90mm before) and should make me (even! :-) ) faster.
They arrived from Germany at my work and I quickly tried them out before we opened our doors. They seem great. The problem is that you actually have to go slightly smaller than your usual size as they need to fit tight enough to allow a good connection between your feet and the actual skate to transfer the energy so slipping or double socks etc is no use. So size wise the contrary to your running shoe sizing.
Anyway I can't wait to take them out for a spin!
And as we have also just entered the Berlin Marathon again (Thomas just about managed to get a charity place as all other 40.000 places were taken!) I will be trying for a new PB, definitely sub 1:40, maybe even towards 1:35. IF it is dry on the day unlike on previous 3 occasions!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those look really smart ~ and colour co-ordinated with what you are wearing in that "About me" piccie.

10/10 for style!

Murdo t M

Unknown said...

These look quite scarey! Have you seen James Caan in Rollerball? All you need now are the spikey gloves and no-one will get in your way :)

Debs M-C said...

OMG! I would kill myself in those. I tried rollerblading once, and it wasn't graceful.