Monday 22 December 2008

21st December 2008

I was going to blog about my training run on the WHW with Jon Cornall and Jan. How great it was to run from Drymen to Balmaha and back, i.e. crossing Conic Hill twice! It was hard but very enjoyable despite the terrible weather when I set off with the car. I came home and Thomas was so glad that I had another “moment” out on the hills that would keep me motivated for my challenge next year and give me confidence.

But life can change in a split second and it was a phone call in the afternoon that turned our life upside down. Tom’s father called to tell us that his mum had died unexpectedly. So instead of preparing to celebrate Christmas here in Scotland we are packing our bags to fly to Germany on Christmas Eve to be with his father and sisters and their families. I do hope and pray that Thomas will find strength and motivation during this difficult time through his running.

5 comments:

Davie said...

Please pass my sympathies to Tom and his family. It is a terrible time to lose a loved one. My thoughts are with you.

John Kynaston said...

So sorry to read about Thomas's Mum. I'll be praying for you all at this time.

John

Davie Bell said...

My deepest sympathies to you both,I,m sure you will keep Thomas strong Silke, my thoughts are with you both at this sad time.

Davie B

Harvey said...

It put's everything into perspective when you read a post like this Silke. Running's what we do and what we love, and I hope Thomas (and yourself) can use that to help you through what I can only imagine to be a horrible time. My thoughts are with you both.

Thomas said...

Thank you very much for your kind words. They are much appreciated!
Thomas and Silke